Monday, November 14, 2005

Chattanooga People Suck (at least the one I met)

I was excited to find out that my Chattanooga hotel room was only a $5 cab ride from what is most likely the only Sushi joint in the city. I contemplated delivery but neither pizza nor Chinese sounded pleasing. Raw fish sounded much better. I was the only one in the restaurant sitting at the sushi bar so I felt privileged when I was offered to try a few things for free. I had octopus for the first time. It wasn't as good as the yellow tail but much better than squid.

After I had my Japanese fill for the day, I decided to wonder the streets of Chat instead of heading back to the homestead. I found a bar with a band and eventhough I figured it wasn't my kind of shit I checked it out anyway.

I was very pleased to meet a few cool people among the blue collared shirts and khaki pants. I spent a couple hours hanging out by the bar and making fun of the bands and the crowd. It was hysterical.

I hung out with this guy Sam most of the night. He was really nice until all of us were winding down. Out of nowhere, he got this asshole attitude with me. F-that! Now I fully understand why he is single. And to think he actually had a chance. I was really angry at him for his comments. Just more proof that older men can be just as immature, if not more, than the younger ones.

Frustrated and offended, I caught a cab back to my hotel.

No comments: