Monday, January 09, 2006

just another sunday

After another great morning of sleeping-in, I got a burst of motivation grabbed my gear and hit the streets. I had to make up for Saturday with dead batteries in my camera. I stopped at H&M to return some pants that made me look fat and hit sears for a fresh power source for my Nikon N75.

I always feel a little self-conscious when I'm running around taking pictures, almost afraid that I will come off as another tourist but I got over it. I had two hours to get in a couple rolls before I had to be somewhere to watch the Bengals - Steelers game.

I decided to travel in the direction of wicker park since I have not been there so-far during this stint in Chicago. I ended up in an artsy self-proclaimed urban bar with a menu no different than any onther bar in Chicago. I don't even think they offered vegetarian options other than fried cheese sticks and salads.

I was not worried about watching the game alone but I welcomed company. I ended up sitting next to a professional photographier with whom I shared much converation centered mostly around our artistic preferences.

The game went horribly, Palmer was out of the game before the end of the first quarter and even though Kitna was doing OK, it wasn't Carson. By the end of the game I was so drunk that I didn't really care.

The most exciting part of the evening was getiing my picture taken and being invited back to spend a day with my photographier friend to be a subject in a series. I just hope I can work it into my schedule in the very near future.

No comments: