Thursday, January 12, 2006

On the road again

After about a month of not doing much of anything, with the exception of a little manual labor, I'm back in the truck and back in the hotels. I was very sad to leave Chicago today. I was really starting to feel at home there, especially with new friends and new artistic opportunities.


I'm on my way to Dallas with plans to spend Friday (tomorrow) in St. Louis to run around and take pictures all day. I only drove for a couple hours today, one of which was spent in traffic but after rushing around this afternoon trying to get out of the city it was all I could handle.

The only hotel that had rooms available was a Double Tree. It's very nice but its swarmed with college freshmen in town for a special event. I had to step over them hanging out it the hallways on my way to my room. One of them even hid his bottle of cheap champagne to keep from getting in any trouble, I was jealous but I'm actually able to buy it for myself.

They made me feel really old. It doesn't help that my 24th is less than a month away. At least I can say that if I was 19 again there isn't much I would change about the path I've traveled since then.

By the end of this weekend I will be up to state number 30! I'm not sure if I consider that to be an actual accomplishment, it almost doesn't even feel real. Getting the raise I'm up for is probably the only accomplishment I'm worried about right now. Not that money should be the judge but it helps.

No comments: