Saturday, May 28, 2005

I can honestly say today was one of the best days I've had in awhile even though I've had a lot of good days lately. I slept longer than I wanted to but I got up in time to accomplish the things I had planned. I made it to Dayton to see my dad. I was so excited to hear that he is going to be able to leave the hospital earlier than expected due to his speedy recovery. His therapist had to meet with him an extra time just to emphasize that he has to take it easy. He's a go-getter and refuses to let by-pass surgery slow him down. He reminded me of myself when I had my surgery and wanted to get back to normal daily life ASAP. I was only there for a couple hours in an effort to get back to cincy before the intense holiday traffic kicked in. I still hit it. It took me two hours for a normal 45 minute drive. I arrived home to a message from Steve that he got off work an hour early due to the holiday, excellent. We went to his brother Mike's gallery opening at the 1305 Gallary on Main. i was very impressed with Mike's artistic talent mostly because his style is what i consider to be good art if that makes sense. Then was dinner and a show at Sudsy's, good times. Steve dropped me off at home just in time for me to jump in as asshole in a game of the same name. After a round at Christy's, i went to Jon's for some of his leftover keg and then back to Steve's. I feel like I've been overly productive today though most of my activities were more social than anything. Today was the perfect start to what I expect to be a great weekend, it is only friday

No comments: