Saturday, April 28, 2007

Damn Storms

After I finally recovered from last night and ventured to to the Roppongi district, the day actually turned into the best photo session I've had thus far. I got some nice urban shots and I found and awesome marble building that I probably used half a roll of film on (see picture below). When I started heading back to the subway station to head to another area of town, it started storming. And I mean full blown thunderstorm.

I made it about half-way to the Roppongi Station so I decided to slip into a restaurant to grab some food and wait it out. After the grub and a couple beers it didn't seem to be slowing down so I made a run for the station. I didn't even have a jacket let alone an umbrella. And any of you that know me well know that at the mature age of 25, I'm still semi-terrified of thunder. The lightning is cool, it's just the aftermath that sends my nerves into a craze.

I made it to the station and back to my hotel without getting too wet but now I don't know what to do with myself. As long as I refrain from doing any work during my vacation, it'll be OK.

No comments: