Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Gardens and Shibuya

I spent most of the morning running around the Imperial Palace Garden and the Hibya-koen garden. When I started out, I was a little shy about carrying my camera around my neck. Not for security reasons but I hate looking like a tourist. I came to realize that with my camera out or not I was obviously a tourist, so I went with it.

I decided to check out the US Embassy but after searching for it forever, I gave up and hit up an Irish Pub for lunch. I'm still intimidated about the language barrier and the Irish Pub's menu was in English. I bet I was really close to the Embassy and didn't realize it.

After lunch I headed to Shibuya on the subway. The transportation system here seems to be pretty easy. I was able to pretty much figure it out right away as opposed to the first time I was in New York.

As soon has I exited the Shibuya station, all I could see were huge TV screens and people. OMG, people everywhere. I'm sure you've seen a video at some point or another. If I find one, I'll post it up here as well.

After getting lost a hand-full of times and finally finding an ATM that accepts American cards, I headed back to my hotel to chill for a few hours and let my legs take a rest. I can't remember the last time I walked so much.

No comments: