Thursday, April 26, 2007

Time out...

I'm taking what is becoming my daily afternoon break. I left the hotel about 9a.m. and probably haven't stopped walking since, with the exception of my time on the subway.

I hit another park today, Ueno Park. To the East of the park there is a huge market area spanning over many narrow streets in a basic grid. Many of the shops were selling the same stuff, mostly purses and outrageously priced sneakers. (no I didn't buy any) I did find a really neat antique shop that I may revisit to pick up some traditional Japanese stuff to bring home.

I was reluctant to visit some of the shops because I couldn't see what was on the inside and couldn't read the signs on the outside. It sucks that there is such a language barrier. Of course when I went to buy a ticket for the Tokyo National Museum they automatically spoke to me in English. Is it that obvious? ;)

The Tokyo National Museum currently has a Di Vinci exhibit that outlines his entire career in somewhat of a psychological form. It sounded really cool but it walked you through the exhibit with an audio guide that they did not offer in English. Oh well.

The rest of the museum was what interested me anyway, Japanese history through art. I couldn't take any pictures but they probably wouldn't have been that interesting anyway. That kind of stuff is only worth seeing in person as far as I'm concerned.

After I relax for a few, I'm going to head to another district and try to find the venue I'm going to tomorrow night to get an advance ticket. I'm not sure if I can handle the night life in Tokyo but I have my energy vitamins to keep me going.

The shows I'm going to tonight and tomorrow night start around 10p.m. with the headliners going on around 3 a.m. The shows wrap up around 5a.m. Luckily for me they sell iced coffee in all the vending machines as well.

No comments: