Saturday, April 28, 2007

Food and Sleep

It's about quarter-till 7 a.m. and I just got back to my hotel no more than 20 minutes ago. I knew it would take a lot to top my Friday night at the Chemical Brothers show but lasts night's show far surpassed it.

I ended up taking a nap late yesterday afternoon to rest up so I would be ready to hang with the Japanese. I woke up right at 10 p.m. and attempted to rush as to not miss my train. As soon as I walked out of the train station near the venue, I was stopped my two Canadian girls looking for the same place I was. We teamed up since it's near impossible to find any specific location in Tokyo and ended up getting directions from a couple Aussies.

I didn't really eat much before the show, so the red bull hit me extra hard. Luckily I didn't drink much vodka otherwise there's no way I would have made it. Most of the people there were 'crazy' and even though it was packed wall to wall earlier in the show, many of them couldn't handle it and were passed out along the side walls during the latter part.

The show was slated to wrap up around five but continued until almost six. I thought that the walk to the train station and to my hotel would be a little weird since it was so early and I obviously just spent the night on a dance floor, but the streets were filled with the post-partying crowd in search of their 'late-night' munchies. This is my kind of town!

I almost joined in and picked up a doner kabab, since I probably haven't had one since I was in Europe, but i decided to head back and hit my free hotel breakfast which begins any minute. I regret my decision. Either way, all on my agenda for the time being is food and sleep, lots of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!! It looks like you have having fun! I admire the fact that you can go to an unfamiliar city on your own. Stay Safe and keep sending the pictures!

Love,
Carla