Monday, October 24, 2005

Today didn't start off so well. I couldn't sleep last night which snow-balled into sleeping later than I wanted to which snow-balled into running around to get out the door to meet a co-worker for breakfast. As usual I was right on time, to the minute.

I was expecting to go out for breakfast but when he saw the free stuff in the hotel lobby our plans changed, a menu I usually try to avoid. It's not that the food is complete crap, just that it's the exact same breakfast no matter where I go. I had the usual.

We drove about 25 minutes to meet up with Rob, the salesman I was scheduled with for the day. To my surprise, he was actually cool; an invited alternative to the 'typical' middle-aged sales guys I usually work with. The work talk was kept to a minimum, jokes about the ex-cop pimp look-a-like with horns on his hood (wish I took a picture) and the count of guys asking for my phone number took its place. Today I had a new record of four, just beating the previous record of three with their level of success still remaining at zero. Good thing I don't hand my business cards out like candy.

Today for the first time I ever, as far as I can remember, I can actually understand why chicks get so pissed over breaking a nail. I have yet to give into old habits and I am very proud of myself, but I was so mad that I actually considered getting a fake one put on to match the length of the rest. About two seconds later I was over it.

Once I checked into my hotel, I was looking forward to finishing up a few things, hitting the treadmill and taking it easy but it didn't take too long for that to go to shit. My phone didn't stop ringing, my email was messed, I needed to do laundry and somewhere I had to squeeze in eating time and some easy paperwork. I wouldn't have been so overwhelmed if I wasn't also messing with music files and writing this but that's my own fault.

Anyway, for tomorrow another day in Baltimore, another day in the rain.

No comments: