Thursday, October 13, 2005

What's up with the weather?

I've been in the west during a severe heat wave, in Seattle for 4 sunny days, in the desert when it rained and now I'm in New England during a flood. It's been raining for almost a week and I can't take it anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain but I like it to go away too.

I'm really pulling for better weather this weekend while I'm visiting my cousin Doug in Boston. It's kinda strange, I haven't talked to him in at least a year and who knows how long it was before that, but i called him out of the blue today to see if he wanted to hang out at all. To my surprise, he sounded excited I was in the area and is looking foward to hitting the town. I don't think we've actually voluntarily hung out with each other since we were kids.

Work was kinda boring today, except for my semi-flashback lunch experience. We went to a small local family restraunt that reminded me of my childhood hang-out. The tables and chairs, coffee mugs, salad bowls, and even the dinner rolls were the same. Strange things to remember but when you grow up in a restraunt, it's those kind of meaningless material things you never forget. There was even a guy behind the bar smoking a pipe that could easily scare small children.

After having such a bad week, especially after the indian food incident, it made me feel much better. I even ordered clam strips, one of my Town House favorites and considered chocolate milk just so I could blow bubbles in it. I stuck to coffee.

I have a feeling that this next week is going to be much better.

No comments: