Thursday, August 11, 2005

Catching up

Sorry I haven't been keeping up but I've been moving around so much I just haven't had the time to blog.

Sunday I flew from Cincinnati to Cleveland to Los Angeles. The quick flight to Cleveland was almost traumatizing. I was on a tiny plane that had one seat on either side of the aisle and seated under 20 people. I started feeling sick during the ride but after I got off I thought I would vomit at any second. Luckily I didn't.

We spent Monday working in LA. The city is cool but I expected the skyline to be bigger, then again I was told that it looks much bigger from when you see it from another direction.

Monday night we stayed in Rondando Beach. Our rooms were upgraded so I got a balcony on the 3rd of 3 floors, it was awesome. I was surprised by the cool weather by the coastline, it was only like 65 degrees. Not that I was complaining, it was much better than the 103 degrees we had in Boise.

We worked half a day in LA on Tuesday and then drove to San Diego to work for the rest of the day. We then turned around and started north towards Las Vegas but stopped after 45 minutes on the road to avoid dreaded traffic. We ended up in Temecula, it was a cute little California town but everything shut down at 8 p.m., except Target which closed at 9.

I drove the truck for the first time by myself to make a quick Target run. It was liberating. When I got back to the Hotel I ordered room-service and continued watching Magnolia, which I had started earlier but had to pause because of the multiple phone calls I'd received. I didn't think that I've seen it before but I had, must have been a while ago. I fell asleep before it was over so I have to watch it again.

Wednesday morning I was able to sleep-in for an extra hour or so before we took off for Vegas. I drive the entire what turned out to be a six hour trip, not bad at all.

No comments: