Thursday, August 18, 2005

Why me?

I keep telling myself that my bad luck streak will soon come to an end but as soon as I start believing it something else happens. After an extreme mountain drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff, I discovered my transmission fluid overheated (or something like that). I guess the last time Brian took the truck in they didn't change it so it was overdue anyway. Luckily I found a mechanic that can work on it but not until tomorrow morning. It was a sight to see, me walking down historic 66 in Flagstaff for almost a mile with my backpack, computer bag and purse to get to the Hampton Inn. At least I can laugh at myself and at least I have a nice place to stay with a couch. It's the little things that make me happy. I am a little disappointed that I didn't make it to New Mexico but I have an extra day in my driving schedule to spare. SO much for my first day on the road!


My body was over stocked on caffeine and I couldn't sit still so I hit the elliptical machine in the hotel workout room for about an hour. It helped but not very much, I probably could have stayed on for another hour if I wasn't a smoker.

Other than that, there's not much going on. Flagstaff doesn't seem to be a happening town but I'm sure I can find something in the area to keep me entertained this evening.

No comments: