Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Lincoln, NE

I was disappointed that I had to stay in Lincoln, Nebraska instead of heading to Omaha. While in Denver, I met a girl that gave me many tips as to where to go and what to see in Omaha, but what the hell was I going to do in Lincoln. I took a $15 cab ride from my hotel by the airport to anywhere downtown. I was dropped of by the University, walked around the campus for a minute and hit the streets of downtown Lincoln. Finally I found some cool stuff which conveniently included shopping. I found a vintage shop, "the Black Market" which was awesome. It was probably a good thing that I didn't have many dollars otherwise I would have gone overboard. I settled for a new band t-shirt "the lepers". I can never have enough t-shirts!

I wandered around another vintage store and a couple record shops successfully resisting purchasing and then hit the "the watering hole" a favorite to locals and college students alike. I quickly discovered that smoking is banned in all bars in Lincoln, annoying but it kept me from smoking too much for entertainment purposes. I meet some interesting characters as soon as I took my post at the bar. I even got them to shoot some pool with me, good times.

I took a cab back to my hotel around 10p.m., returning with a much better opinion of the city of Lincoln and a handful of new friends.

Work came to early on Tuesday but since we were working at two community colleges, I knew it would be a good time. When we finished around 3p.m. I got in my truck and started driving toward Ohio, I can't wait to get to NY when my long driving days will be over until December.

No comments: