Saturday, August 20, 2005

Will the drive ever end?

No it won't! I made it to Colorado around 9p.m. after sleeping in this morning, which was great by the way. Today's drive was less exciting than yesterday's not that that's a bad thing, no truck troubles and no creepy old guys in truck stops.

I tried to take some pictures during my drive but that effort was officially deemed as unsuccessful, with the possible exception of the following picture. I haven't made a final decision of opinion as of yet but it looks almost surreal to me. What do you think?




I used my usual method to make hotel reservations, call the 1-800# and try to find something in a reasonable location, but tonight I got lucky in my random choice. My hotel is what could easily be a crawl from an Irish Pub. I checked-in, dropped my stuff and immediately went for a cold one. I have yet to find an Irish Pub where I feel out of place.

I want to thank Dave and Kendall for the warm welcoming and great conversation. It's great to run into good people in random places. Check out Kendall's Golden Retriever Bone's blog here



During my stint at the pub, an idea for a reality show surfaced. Imagine this, a hot chick driving a tool truck across the country trying to prove herself in a 98% male dominated industry. May not sound all that interesting to you but you're not the one driving the truck. My blog may give you a decent idea of the things I see and the people I interact with but honestly you have no idea. And to think that I'm just getting started!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave here. Great to meet you in Darcy's. Hope Omaha is treating you well. Cut me in on the royalties if the Reality TV thing ever goes.

Kendall said...

Hey there! Kendall here, the guy at the pub in Denver. Nice blog! keep up the good work and drive safe!
Also, My dog's site is http://bonesweb.blogspot.com No www or it doesn't load all the time.
Happy travels!