Friday, August 19, 2005

An expensive repair later

They finally finished working on the truck around noon today but that was just the start of the problems. One of the guys I worked with complained to the Garage manager over the phone about the bill because he was quoted 2 hours of labor when we were charged for 3.5. An hour of it was knocked off the bill but I still had to sit through the manager bitching at me like I was the one arguing with him. Not only did this annoy me but I had a hand-full of the ugliest guys I've ever seen talking to my chest for the duration of my waiting time. I guess a low-cut tank top was a bad idea. Forty-five minutes and $600 later I was able to hit the road towards Albuquerque.

I stopped at a truck stop about half-way to refuel on gas and grub. Truck stops are usually a little creepy to begin with but as soon as the guys notice a hot chick getting out of a truck, one better have good ignoring skills. As I was paying at the gas counter, the cashier, a scruffy 50-something male, reminded me not once but twice that they offer free showers to truck drivers. I responded with a polite thanks but no thanks grabbed my change and went straight for the exit. I know he wasn't telling me that because I looked like I needed a shower. Once I got back in my truck I giggled to myself, the dirty old men will cease to surprise me though I wish they'd stop trying.

I was excited to arrive in Albuquerque, I'm really not sure why since I'm just going to get up early and start driving to Denver. I am determined, however, to find some kind of night life, aka the closest bar. I was a little disappointed when I asked my sister to call they guy that she knows in this city to see if he would want to hang out and she refused. That's no fun! At least I'm not shy.

Here's some pics from my drive, I apologize for any of the bug guts from the windshield but it would just be too logical for me to pull over to take pictures.




No comments: