Friday, July 22, 2005

Finally in Seattle

Thursday was a day to forget, with the exception of the beautiful scenery. The actual work day was good but when we finished our business stops, we were off to Seattle not knowing exactly how long it would take us to get there.

There is no great route to get from Boise to Seattle, as least as far as we know, so we took a semi-suggested scenic route that consisted of two lane state roads winding through the mountains. I got to drive the truck for the first time. I think Brian was impressed with my performance except he said I drove a little too fast. I guess it's time to get my lead foot under control.

Twelve hours later we were still over two hours from Seattle, but we found our way to Interstate 90 and a Holiday Inn.

Before checking-in to the hotel we hit Denny's for beers and breakfast food only to return in the a.m. for another round but without the beers. It was time for round two with the truck but this time on the highway. I got a little nervous here and there but I'm getting the hang of it.

I talked to my boss a little today and found out that I will be visiting our Ohio factory in September. If this works out the truck might be making an appearance at the parents house that is if there is enough room to park it.

Since getting into Seattle we haven't really done much. I went to the mall across the street to find a charger for the digital camera so it wouldn't be useless. I talked to the employees at Hot Topic for a minute and got some tips on the Seattle scene. One of the girls invited me to meet them at a show on Monday if I wanted to go but not by myself. She said I would be able to meet her friends (so she says) who are playing, also known as GWAR. I'd really only be interested in meeting them if I could take Steve with me, he's a fan, hardcore.

Tomorrow is tourist day so I should have some good Seattle pictures then. I did get a picture of downtown when we drove past. Also, here are some pictures from our long haul (Thursday).






No comments: