Monday, July 25, 2005

Last full day in Seattle

Getting up for work today was a struggle. I had 4 alarms set (3 on my cell and an alarm clock) and a wake-up call and I still got up 30 minutes after I should have. Luckily I am low maintenance so I got ready as quickly as I could so I could still have time to grab something from the breakfast buffet and some of the horrible, but highly caffeinated coffee that is served with it.

I did the work thing. I was on my own for lunch today, luckily I found a cute cafe among the suburban sea of crappy fast-food joints. The chef / owner came to talk to me to see where I wandered in from. I guess they don't get a lot of eat-in customers. Usually it's annoying for someone random to strike up a conversation while eating but today I welcomed it.

He discussed the problems with organic food growers and how they label themselves organic when only 25% of their produce may be certifiable. After leaving me to finish my lunch, he returned with a sample of his new salad concoction, spinach with feta and bacon tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette. It's making me hungry again just thinking about it.

After we finished our workday calls I did a little more work at the hotel. While talking to Sara on the phone, I made my way to the mall across the street in search of a long pink dress for Hillary and Endo's short notice wedding. I hit every department store, nothing. I walked another 4 blocks to David's Bridal to see what they had. Nothing in my size apparently. Guess I'll just have to try in the next city.

After I walked out of David's I decided to meander around some other stores in the strip mall. No matter how much shit I talk about hating these overgrown shopping complexes, I'm still shopping there, it just doesn't seem right. I got over that while I was in Best Buy gawking at all the toys I want but can't afford. I spent a good chunk of time walking slowly from TV to TV. I had about six different people try to help me. I don't know if that's because I looked truly interested in buying or just because its Best Buy. I think it's more the latter.

I started getting a little depressed because even if I could afford new toys, I have no place for them. By bags were full when I left Cincinnati; I don't even know where to put the few things that I've purchased over the weekend. Luckily I'm getting a better idea of what I need and what I can live without. I still miss my shoes.

Now I'm back at the hotel again trying to figure out where I'm going to get my dinner. I'm craving some of Steve's burritos with eggs and salsa but even if I wanted to try to make it for myself, I'm shit outta luck. I think my choices are Applebee's or Outback... I think I'll just starve.

No comments: