Monday, July 11, 2005

I was close to beating my record travel time of four hours between Cincinnati and Chicago, but it went to shit right after I crossed the Sky Bridge into the city. I finally walked into the apartment just before midnight Eastern Time, about five hours after getting in the car in Clifton. It was the last chance I had to try to break the record since I am driving to Cleveland next weekend before going back to the Nati. Michelle visited Chicago for the first time over the weekend. I tried to get her to come up a couple months ago but she always had other stuff going on. As expected she had a great time and is now disappointed that I am no longer moving here permenently. I don't think she fully realizes that she is allowed to stay at the apartment whenever she wantes, as long as she can arrange to get a set of keys. It's weird for me to have no solid living arrangements. I was asked for my address while making a purchase at micro-center and I laughed a little before I told the sales guy that I didn't have one. I guess I could have given him my parents address but I don't think they need to get any more junk mail with my name on it. ALong with shopping at micro-center this weekend, Steve and I also went to 3 curcuit city's, a best buy and HH Gregg all in search for the Palm Pilot I need for work. I didn't get one until we got back to Steve's and I found what I wanted on the internet. Apparently no one carries a decent stock of Palm Pilots Just because we couldn't find a Palm doesn't mean we didn't buy anything. Steve got some new toys including a digital camera. Since he got a new one I inherited his old one and he also hooked me up with some portable speakers so I can actually listen to music without being right next to my computer. We didn't really do much else this weekend, which was good because seven hours of shopping was enough to kill all our energy. Tomorrow it's back to work for week #2. I'm excited to get through this week and to actually start in my position, eventhough it will still be training for a while. Anyway it's late and I'm tired.

No comments: