Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I made it through the first day of the new job with little excitement. I discovered that whoever made my schedule for the week over estimated on the time it would take for information sessions with the different departments. I got to take the plant tour twice and was guided through the socket process at least three times. At least I got it down. I got my work computer today which I have verified is just a little smaller than my personal. Now I just have to figure out the easiest way to carry around two laptops. Luckily for me my old laptop case, the one with the broken strap, is still in my sister's apartment so I don't have to go out and buy another one until I decide what kind I want. I made it back to downtown without encountering any slow traffic, surprisingly. I expected it to be much worse. I quickly changed out of my work attire and headed in search of a fifth third so I could deposit my expense front and get cash to make it through the next couple days. The location I am familiar with did not have an ATM willing to accept deposits. I figured someone was too lazy to refill the envelopes it dispenses. Luckily I was able to locate another location via the customer service line. FYI if you're in Chicago and need a Fifth Third there is one in the Sears Tower, I never would have found it on my own. I was expecting to head to Wrigleyville to meet up with Shawn and Brent soon thereafter but they called and postponed until later this evening so I went to H&M to kill time. Luckily for me they are having a big sale this week. I then hit the Nordstrom Rack, the discount stuff, where I found some awesome shoes. Navy blue Pumas for $20, I wasn't strong enough to walk away. I grabbed a cup of coffee on my way back to the apartment thinking the downstairs coffeeshop would be closed. I was wrong so I quickly finished the coffee I had and went in to buy some by the pound. I had a sample of the Flora Azul, the excellent medium roast that just finished brewing but they were out of whole beans until tomorrow. I ended up with a half pound of the Organic Brazil Cachoeira and a pound of the highly recommended Bean Addiction (also the name of the Coffeeshop). I'll probably still go back tomorrow and get the Flora Azul. Since I have never had one of their famous lattes and since I was such a good customer, they made me one for free. Mind you I chugged a cup of coffee right before I walked in the door. Who is highly caffeinated? I think it's me! I'm still waiting for Shawn and Brent to call but I think I'm going to start towards Wrigleyville just because I can't sit still.

No comments: