Monday, July 18, 2005

Salt Lake City

After getting up just after 6 a.m. eastern time and sitting on a three and a half hour flight that I almost missed, all I wanted to do was nap. With no coffee in my system, I made it through the first day in my new position. Tomorrow I'll make sure coffee is involved.

Over lunch we discussed the Mormon life and some history of the religion with a practicing member. The center of the Salt Lake City street grid is the Mormon temple. It is a beautiful granite building that took over 40 years to build.



The mountains surrounding the area are no way near as impressive as the alps but are still nice too look at



Lucky for me SLC has a light rail system. We are staying in the burbs and with out the public transport, I wouldn't have been able to see much. I had just enough time to take the train down, run around the city for an hour and take the train back in time for dinner.



Being easily amused, I thought the look signs painted on the streets at intersections were great, especially for us stupid people. They reminded me of similar signs in Dublin, which were necessary for those not used to cars on the wrong side of the street.



Tomorrow morning we are heading to Logan, for a stop on our way to Boise. As for Salt Lake City, the scenery is nice but it is too small for me.

No comments: