Friday, July 15, 2005

friday :-)

I'm writing this blog through email since I can't seem to get to the
blogger site, hopefully this works. It's my last day of training in
Chicago. I am thrilled that starting Monday I will no longer sit at a
desk in a cube, even though it will be a pain not having a permanent
work space. I got paid today and already spent most of it.
I have over $1400 tied up in expenses right now so hopefully I will
have it in my account by next week. I'm a little nervous because I
booked my flight from Boise to Cincinnati but not my flight from
Cincinnati to Seattle because I didn't have enough funds. If I can't
get a flight by early next week, it will be a wasted ticket.

What makes me even more nervous is the possibility of not having
enough funds to pay for my hotels and food. It would have been much
easier for me if they would've just given me a company credit card.
Easier but dangerous.

I have a lot of downtime today waiting for people to finish up
meetings so they can meet with me. What makes this even worse are the
problems with the network. I could loose my connection at anytime. It
happened earlier and was down for over 30mins. Now that's boredom.

Last night I attempted to pack a suitcase for the next week (possibly
two), not an easy task. I may only have enough room for one pair of
shoes and it would have to be my work shoes. I could upgrade to a
bigger suitcase but I can carry on the smaller one, saving time at the
many airports I'll be visiting. I guess that once I get to the truck I
will have personal storage space if I want it.

As soon as I am done working with the product manager today, I get to
head back to the Nati. Luckily for me, he is a busy guy and doesn't
have much time to for me. I'm hoping to be out of here by 3 at the
latest but we'll see.

No comments: